11A- Idea Napkin No. 1

1.          I am a Finance student at the University of Florida. I haven’t had any business experience up to this point but I manage small scale investments like many other young adults. I plan on commissioning as an officer in the Navy after college and have been developing leadership skills that should get me to that point. If I were to follow through with this business model of providing international missile defense, it would definitely have to become my full-time job. It is in an industry I’m only barely familiar with and would require political approval and international business deals.

2.          I am offering an alternative to United States military protection for countries fearing the missile threat from North Korea. My product would be a radar and missile defense technology platform in international waters in the Pacific (or in other regions in the future) that individual nations can pay to have access to. This would help them to become more independent in their homeland security.

3.          My customers would be any nation that lacks proper ballistic missile defense. Right now, that would be countries of the west Pacific such as Japan and South Korea. Their governments and the citizens have a vested interest in this.

4.          Safety for a nation’s citizens has to be a priority for a government. It is hard to put a price tag on safety and on peace of mind. This program would provide them a more self sufficient means of keep enemy missiles from harming their civilians.

5.          This service would provide a way for nations will less technological advancements in their homeland security and military to defend themselves without relying on another nation. Current technologies from companies such as Raytheon and Northrop Grumman are strictly used through military assets. This would allow those companies to be contracted to work for many other nations and in a strictly defensive manner.


     These 5 elements work well with each other but there are obstacles to overcome. Making it worth it for the contracted missile defense companies to buy into my idea would be difficult. I have to ensure the price I lease their equipment for is competitive while still enabling me to make a profit when I charge other nations the fee for access to the information. 


Comments

  1. This is a very interesting idea and I am glad you are doing. Military defense will always be a question, especially of the United States who pride themselves on being one of the biggest military to ever exist. I think your goal of working with the Navy and your background of Finance will allow you to take this idea and develop in a responsible and reasonable way since you understand the means to make the idea happen and the fundamentals it will take to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with the majority of points you made in this, and appreciate the commitment to safety that this idea provides. I think you have necessary information to know the first steps for this business to take and the expertise to know where to go to eventually have sustained success. I left reading this more informed on the issue and with a greater understanding for how national defense works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A- Venture Concept #2

30A- Final Reflection