12A- Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1

     So after these interviews and simply realizing how unnecessarily complicated my business idea has been I have decided to morph the plan into radar platforms that are scattered in international waters that provide missile defense capabilities for nations around them and weather services for international trade vessels. This is still a very big picture idea but relies less on other companies like my previous idea did. Anyway, among the people I talked to only one person said that they would utilize this service IF they were in the shoes of a poorer foreign nation or one with less military capabilities. This did not make me feel good about the idea but hey what do they know. I would need to interview international folks in order to obtain more helpful information but all three of my interviewees did say that they find out all of their weather and news related to North Korea on the internet. So that covers both of the sides of my service idea and lets me know that the internet is definitely the most common source of information. I asked them what source of information they would turn to in the invent of the announcement of a missile launch bound for America and they said they would follow alerts on their phone and one of the gentleman mentioned that he would call 911 to obtain information (doesn’t seem like that would be best to me but does tell me people would be in emergency mode). I am not sure how America would alert it’s citizens of this threat except through phone updates like the false alarm in Hawaii. I would say this geographic segment of American consumers and borderline customers is not really aware of their need for my service even if the need is small. I also found that the internet would be my best bet for providing consumers information. 

Comments

  1. I think the radars would alert the military and then they take it from there. Taking the missile down with another missile while is in mid-air would be the best outcome. Also having more than just one per area you’re covering, I think if North Korea is going to start bombing countries they would want to blow up your radars first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A- Venture Concept #2

30A- Final Reflection