15A- Figuring out Buyer Behavior

Interviews:     In my Interviews I found it difficult to find people who directly fit my target segment but I did gather some good information. I found that for such a large service that I would need to sell to countries as a whole, people found it hard to find buying comparisons to my radar services. Though, they did say that price would not really be a limiting factor in their opinions for public safety. In order for these radar services to be useful they would have to provide more value than the U.S. military already does for those nations. I think I may have solved that issue by including weather services for international shipping in these radar stations. Since this product would be bought by governments or international organizations, the time and place of buying was essentially impossible to ask of these normal people. All three did state that post-buying they would evaluate such a service by how effective it was, which could mean a single flaw would lead to this not being worth the trouble for most countries.

Conclusions:     In summary of my interviews I learned that quality in comparison to existing options and effectiveness would be the crucial components to my service. Nobody wants to pay for a missile defense service or weather station that only works 75% of the time for example. I also learned that targeting such a specific consumer base makes it hard to gather information helpful in forming a business plan. This service would be much easier to begin to do research for if it were coming from a large company capable of better international market R&D.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

29A- Venture Concept #2

30A- Final Reflection