19A- Idea Napkin #2

1.     I am a current college student that has the dedication and motivation to be a successful entrepreneur. I have not yet had any real entrepreneurial experience but have the skills necessary to hit the ground running. I have a business idea that would require a ton of effort and it would have to become my full time occupation if I were to implement it.

2.     I am offering customers access to radar technology capable of providing everything from missile defense to weather on the seas. These customers are reliant on other nations for this service currently.

3.     My target consumers are people in nations threatened by nuclear missiles from North Korea, or even the Middle East or Russia, but are incapable of defending themselves from that threat without assistance from the United States. These would be developing nations or developed nations that have weak departments of defense.

4.    Customers and governments will pay for access to this product because it provides protection, an invaluable asset. No price can be put on the safety of an entire nation, governments will be willing to pay top dollar.

5.     A core competency of this proposed business would be widespread access as it is not specific to any one country. Another competency would be consistency, the product would be 100% guaranteed to work because I will only purchase from the best technology companies and there is no room for error in dealing with national security. I will also have to ensure good communication is used to allow this to work internationally.


     These all fit together pretty well but I will have make organization and communication first priorities for a plan as big as this come together. If my market takes well to this product it should be very successful. I will also have to manage the balance of price to value to make sure I am turning a good profit without overpricing the product for the developing countries.
     The feedback I received was supportive and encouraged me to use my background in rotc and the finance major to develop this business. It was also noted that defense and security will always be in demand so I need to have a long term outlook.

Comments

  1. Hi Logan, this is a great idea napkin. The threat of nuclear fallout is real, especially these days. We as a species have created weapons that can destroy our planet, that alone is terrifying especially considering how unstable some leaders are. If I could afford it I would install your units around my properties just in case, by the way, what type of rockets would you use to shoot down the incoming war heads or is it going to be strictly radar surveillance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A- Venture Concept #2

30A- Final Reflection