23A- Your venture's unfair advantage

1. Exclusive technological access
V- the cutting edge technology from top companies
R- only a few companies (like Raytheon and Northrop Grumman) that I will contract with have this
I- strong barriers to entry for other companies
N- this resource has no substitute
2. Affordability
V- offering this product for a million dollars a month which is nothing for a government
R- the defense industry is never ever cheap
I- you could copy this price but it would be hard to turn a profit, would have to copy my whole model
N- I would plan to beat any competitor price
3. Ease of use
V- I will have the contractors maintain the equipment with their trained professionals
R- it is rare for companies to provide hassle free services
I- very difficult to match the training of the people I will employ
N- you cannot substitute good human capital
4. Accessibility
V- this product is aimed to support all people and made easy to purchase for developing nations
R- the defense industry has very few aspects that one would consider "accessible"
I- I am seeking to be the only one offering this with such ease of access
N- you cannot substitute this particular aspect
5. Outstanding Customer Support
V- I plan to have perfect hands on support because a lapse in this product would be a lapse in safety
R- you don't find strong customer support anywhere but the best companies
I- you can't fake good customer support
N- a substitute would not work because it would take strong training
6. Financial Stability and Safety
V- Because of it being a contracting operation of multiple major companies there is financial stability
R- This is rare because developing nations often have to deal with corruption
I- you could have this work without stability but it would not be reliable
N- no substitute for a trustworthy company
7. Skilled Employees
V- This ties in with some previously mentioned advantages. People will be my most important asset.
R- This is common in most top companies
I- It is invaluable to have the highest trained employees and not imitable.
N- No resource can replace this.
8. Unlimited Warranty
V- This is to prevent any lapse in safety.
R- Pretty rare but necessary on major products.
I- You can't imitate this, you can only have limited, unlimited, or no warranty
N- Nothing substitutes this besides maybe good service.
9. Smooth connection between major corporations working in partnership
V- This will be difficult but valuable to have all parts of this service working in support of each other
R- This is needed in any partnership but I will ensure it is a mutually beneficial partnership
I- This can only be imitated in having a solid single company
N- You could substitute a strong parent company maybe instead of equal partners.
10. A common vision.
V- This is the vision for a safer future that the company will share with its customers.
R- This is important for any successful company but fairly rare.
I- This can only be imitated through fake company values, which won't be present here
N- Nothing substitutes the importance of sharing values with you customers.

The common vision, my last mentioned advantage, is my top resource. It will help me to obtain loyal customers and have very morally sound business practices. The purpose of my product is to help nations be safe and the business comes second.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

29A- Venture Concept #2

30A- Final Reflection